Text : Founded in 1927, the Museo de Pontevedra is composed of 5 buildings: Castro Monteagudo, García Flórez, Fernández López, Sarmiento, and the ruins of San Domingos. The principal buildings are the Baroque house of José Castro Monteagudo, and the ancestral home of the García Flórez. United by an arch, they are clear examples of the Galician ancestral homes of the 18th century. The museum houses the collection of works on its 5 buildings: The Castro Monteagudo building (18th century) houses the collections of archaeology, Pre-Roman, Roman, traditional and civilian gold and silver articles, (Fernández de la Mora collection) as well as Spanish, Italian and Flemish paintings of the 15th to 18th centuries. The García Flórez building (18th century), has jet, engravings, religious sculptures, Sargadelos crockery, the Méndez Núñez office, and a reproduction of the chamber of the Numancia frigate, as well as copy of a traditional Galician kitchen. The Fernández López building, in the same square as the previous buildings, houses the Spanish paintings of the 19th and 20th centuries. The Sarmiento building, of the 18th century, next to the church of San Bartolomé, is devoted to the Galician contemporary painting, as well as temporary exhibitions. The ruins of the Convento de Santo Domingo (in the Gran Vía de Montero Ríos s/n) of the 14th-15th centuries, show different architectural remains of various origins: Romanesque and Gothic capitals, sarcophagus, engraved tombstones...
Museo de Pontevedra: Edificio García Flórez - Foto 1
Museo de Pontevedra: Edificio García Flórez - Foto 2
No hay vídeos disponibles para este recurso en este momento. Disculpe las molestias.