Text : The building, in older times the Casa de los Fonseca, was built in 1910 and acquired in 1955 by the Spanish Ministry of Education to house the Archivo Histórico and the Biblioteca Pública of the region. It is a serious, elegant building, which has a small staircase with 2 stone sphinxes, at both sides of the staircase. The facade, Neoclassical, made of carved stone, has a 8 column porch, which support a big pediment with a semicircular window, on the top of the window, at both sides, it has 2 eagle wings. The building has 2 floors and attic, along with the warehouses. It was restored by the Spanish Ministry of Culture between 1993 and 1996, today it is exclusively devoted to the Archivo Histórico Provincial.
No hay vídeos disponibles para este recurso en este momento. Disculpe las molestias.